Friday, August 26, 2011

Branching Out

I have been contemplating this beautiful light fixture I came across in a shop called Lola & Emily last week. I'd never been in before, stepped through the door and Woa! this blew me away. I stood and stared at it for a few minutes before asking them if they minded if I took a snap of it. "Not at all!" they said, adding that they had watched with fascination not long ago as the woman who'd made it put it up.

I have had branches on the brain for about a year now, wondering how I could incorporate them into my surroundings (indoors, as I figure mama nature has the outdoors covered). I often see clusters of branches bundled for pick up along with other yard refuse and have been sorely tempted to pick them up. But what to do with them? Do I have to soak them to make them pliable? What's the best way to bind them together?

As fate would have it, I have also been sequestering a shoe box full of crystal chandelier drops for about five years, moving them with me from NDG, to St. Lambert and now back again.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment